Friday, March 10, 2006

Lumberjack Song





Al Watan 10/3/2006



When I saw the article I was reminded of something.


I’m a big fan of the old British comedy series “Monty Python,” In one of Monty Python’s episodes that was a song sung by one the actors called the “Lumberjack song.”


The lumberjack song starts off with someone who wants to give up what he’s doing right now and become a lumberjack. The only twist is that the lyrics of the song go south and it starts to show what the true feeling of this guy really are. I took the liberty of highlighting the verses that might apply to the article and picture above.



Lumberjack Song

I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay.
I sleep all night. I work all day.

I cut down trees. I eat my lunch.
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shoppin'
And have buttered scones for tea.

I cut down trees. I skip and jump.
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing
And hang around in bars.

I cut down trees. I wear high heels,
Suspendies, and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie,
Just like my dear Mama



Sorry for the inconvenience.


No comments: